Thursday, May 21, 2015

Reusable wipes!!!

Fred's skin is sensitive. When he was a babe he had bad diaper rash and I got some medicated cream and the doc advised us to switch to wipes sans alcohol. Whoa...didn't know there were wipes for baby bums WITH alcohol. But anyway, that was good enough! He didn't really have problems after that. 
Fast-forward to Hattie hat girl, double sensitive skin plus super dry skin like me. The non-alcohol "sensitive skin" wipes weren't cutting it...but it wasn't so bad. Poor girl had a rash, bumps, redness for the better part of over a year. I blame myself for not taking the time to explore other options. 
The last straw was when recently, the brand of wipes we buy suddenly had different packaging and ingredients Hattie would yell when I wiped her butt and when I went to wipe my own face it STUNG my skin. My lips went numb!!!!!
So that was it. I asked my friend, Nikki C, birth rally friend and all knowing about everything organic, non-chemical, all-natural. Seriously, this woman has researched so much about baby products and the ingredients therein. So I texted her and asked her if there are safe wipes out there. I also did a little research and read about some of what's out there.  She gave me a few products that are safer and better than most...but what she and her family use are reusable cloth wipes with this amazing wipes soap solution. It's called Baby Bits and has 100% Vegetarian Ingredients: coconut oil glycerin soap, organic plantain & chickweed herbs, virgin olive oil, pure essential oil of tea tree and lavender. Whoa. So I looked all the stuff she was recommending to me up on Amazon...Amazon prime baby....and with the soap (supposed to make enough for 1000 wipes and my friend said it lasts her about 1 year and they have two kids and use it for everything...) plus 15 flannel cloth wipes, and a wet+dry waterproof bag for on the go...$30 bucks!!!! I decided to try it and man. I LOVE IT. so so so much. 

This is three cups and 3 cubes worth of the soap solution. 
Here's one of the wipes w a few sprays of the soap. It's quite wet and absorbent. Hatties bum is clear and clean. No rash or redness! She doesn't cry! And I use them to wipe her face and hands and feet and Freddie and myself too! It's amazing. And easy!!!! And I throw the wipes in the wash. 

I need to get a little bottle for being out of the house. We still use our same disposable diapers but I'm all about these wipes!! They smell so good too!! Oh and I did get one of Nikki's recommended less-worse chemically wipes for poop diapers every few days. 😁  

Here's a link to a description of the wipe solution....

http://www.kellyscloset.com/Baby-Bits-Try-Me-Bottle_p_5660.html

No comments:

Post a Comment