Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving up North!!

This past year there have been millions of things for me to be grateful for. One in particular is the open house and dedication of the Phoenix Temple. It was a very peaceful, spiritual experience for me to go with my little family. It was very quiet and simple but I heard the voice of the spirit testifying specific things to me and comforting me and giving me personal revelation and answers to prayers. Some things I've been struggling with for about 6 months were starting to be addressed and by the dedication I feel they came to a conclusion and that I could move on from them. I was comforted and where there was fear, stress, and concern, I was given confidence, peace and faith.

My husband was with me every step of the way through these struggles. His understanding was beyond my own but he was patient and kind. He considered my feelings and my fear. He didn't take it lightly. He chose language that he thought would help me. He guided me. He pointed out a talk in the dedication that he thought would help me and it did. He knows me and tries to know me. He loves me. I am grateful for his eternal and unconditional love.  

I am grateful for my son and my daughter. They are the center of my world every day and night and minute. They rely on me for so much and so they teach me how to be who I want to be and need to be. 

I'm thankful for my kitty Dot, who is a loyal companion. She calms me and cuddles me. 

Im thankful for my parents and Collin's parents. It's really hard being a parent!!!!! I am so scared of messing these two angels up but our parents support, love, cheer us on, show confidence in our abilities as parents. It is invaluable to me to feel trust from them and feel like I might be doing some things right. And I'm thankful Thor all they did to teach and love Collin and me. 

I am thankful for friends who are my family and for the miracle of being able to keep in touch with so many purple we have met in this life. 

I'm thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, for prayer and revelation and for the temple and the prophet. I would feel lost and confused without it and them. 
I'm thankful for God, my Heavenly Father.  He is real and I feel him near when I am humble and thankful, with my husband and children and serving others. 

And I'm thankful for FOOD, glorious food!!  There's more but now it's game and key like pie time!!!!! Babies are sleepin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment