Monday, October 04, 2010

This month on IRON CHEF....

 On our way over to Natalie and Marc's house to finish watching conference and get ready for...

 TOP CHEF: ROCKVILLE

 This month's secret ingredient was PUMPKIN

Our hosts: The Tolleys
They made the side dishes
 
Pumpkin soup(above) and Orzo with pumpkin, apples, cranberries and Italian sausage. So delicious and creative!!

Collin and I (forgot to get a picture of us) had the appetizer
We made Pumpkin FRITTERS! YUMMMM. They were SO GOOD. They turned out perfectly (thank goodness because the practice didn't go so well) and we won the Best Taste award.  

Allen and Purvi made the Main dish:
An Indian pumpkin Curry. So filling and flavorful.

 The Hubands had dessert and made super yummy pumpkin cupcake cheesecake delights



Leigh and Chris Walker were the Judges, and brought drinks and really good pumpkin cookies.

All-in-all, a satisfying night.


And General Conference was just so good. Everything we needed to hear. I especially liked President Monson's talk about being grateful. Not just being or feeling grateful, but thanking God daily for specific blessings in my life. And I was hit hard with how much I love my parents and how much they've given me, done for me, sacrificed, how much they love me.


3 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Love it. It sounded so delicious. Those pumpking cookies looked yummy! Looks like you have a lot of great people in your ward! I'm so glad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow. I'm thinking about moving to Rockville just so I can do these dinners with you.

    AWESOME! recipes???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great recap. we had a good time. thanks for the picture of us!

    ReplyDelete