Sunday, August 23, 2015

Walking




We love being so close that we can walk to church! The weather is lovely here in Salt Lake City on Capitol Hill and I enjoy being outside with my family. Collin doesn't love being outside but he loves being with us.  He doesn't like getting so sweaty. He wore his new tak suit today (I didn't get a picture:( and looked very handsome.)
We made it on time to sit in the chapel this morning (as opposed to the overflow which is behind the chapel but separated  by glass) for our ward and I loved seeing in the old pews and looking at the beautiful stained glass in all the windows. It is a very old historic church building. 
We heard talks on faith and forgiveness today. We need to learn to forgive just as much as people need to be forgiven. 
We attended choir class for second hour and I enjoyed it very much. They have a lesson for the first half and then choir practice for the second half. 
Relief Society was so good as always. It's my favorite part of church. I love being with other sisters and hearing their struggles and successes. I love feeling sisterhood and getting encouragement. The lesson was on keeping the Sabbath day Holy. I made a comment that it seems like there is a greater emphasis on the sabbath day in the church recently and we had just moved into the ward one week ago and in our last ward, our bishop had been encouraging us to try to be more prepared and more reverent for the sacrament. Then when we came to this ward last week, the bishop talked about the sabbath and encouraged us to be more reverent and prepared for the sabbath day. It was a blessing for me to hear that consistency and know that the church is the same and true whenever I go. 
We love getting to know people and love that we have come here a bit blind. We don't know f people are LDS or not or what their situations are. We want to be friendly and say hi to everyone and the kids are awesome at that. We go out waking everyday and always meet someone new. 
I love this area and it's rich history with the church and with our nation. 
The house is quiet. Collin, the kids, and Dot the kitty are all sleeping. 

2 comments:

  1. aw, i hope you guys just love it there! i can't wait to come and have you show me all around that part of SLC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love walking to your church too. The old stone building is so cool with 3 stories. You even have an elevator. I was there one week with Freddie and Hattie and everyone was so friendly to me.

    ReplyDelete