Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Stress-Free Zone

The most stressed-out person ever just came into the salon.

She had called me on the way here because they were lost. So angry at herself and at me because she was on the wrong street. But I got her here and told not to worry and that I'd stay open for her.

She ran into the store; was all in a huff. She was all dressed up and really looked super cute. I told her how pretty her coat was and that it was no problem when she said thank you. She said they had to be somewhere. 

Then she left.

I don't ever want to be like that. I'm not stressed out at all this Christmas. We're not buying any gifts. We're hand making a few things for family. I don't feel SUPER Christmasy yet, but I know I will. When we get to Kentucky, I will. And we'll be with our family and kitten for 10 days without a care in the world. 

Everyone: don't be stressed out. Just watch the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional, do something you like to do, snuggle with your kitten or your best friend,  and enjoy the feeling.





3 comments:

  1. I used to deal with those people all the time for a living when I work at the bankruptcy law firm. 5 mins before we're supposed to leave I'd get a call "THERE IS SOMEONE HERE RIGHT NOW REPOSSESSING MY BOAT. I NEED TO SPEAK TO MY ATTORNEY." I'm sorry, you're attorney isn't here it's 8:30pm... I'll leave him a note to call you first thing in the morning. "THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH GIVE ME HIS CELL PHONE NUMBER!!! THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!!" hm. well no. it's not my fault that you bought a boat you couldn't afford. get off my back lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I hate stress out people! It's usually about stuff that is their own fault!

    And i didn't know you were going to KENTUCKY!!??

    fun!

    I've been stresesd out about christmas gifts though. But I don't think I'll get anything for anyone. I think I'll do crafts as well. GOOD IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zen Zone must be respected when near Nikki!!!! Love you girl. I"m so happy you can separate yourself from other people's madness. Love you!

    ReplyDelete