Sunday, August 21, 2016

Moving moving moving

Well, we are moving!!! So many thoughts and big big feelings. I'm so sad to leave my ward. I look around and these people have been my family for the past year. They are my neighbors and friends. I will keep in touch with many of them through social media, luckily, but it will be hard to not see them every day/week. And this beautiful chapel and ward building!!! What a blessing it has been. I remember our first Sunday here. We had just moved in the night before and were wrinkled and sleepy and so many people welcomed us. That night, the Bishop Garbett and Duran Lucas came and visited us. We felt so much peace and hat we were in the right place. The house we have lived in has been wonderful. It's cute and fun and has served every purpose. My children have been kept safe. We have enjoyed this beautiful neighborhood, walking to the temple and temple square all the time, seeing it every day. Waking up to the captiol building outside our windows and exploring the buildings and playing on the grass, and going to fun events like yoga and movies at the Capitol. We have loved being so close to Collins work and having him home so early.
We have a bucket list for the next week and a half to do all our favorite things and a few new things before we go.
I know God brought us to this area for a reason. 

We are so excited for our new opportunity and home in Sandy. We will have a big yard with trees and a garden and a neighborhood with tons of families and children. We will be within walking distance to two parks and close to a library. We will be farther than I'd like from Freddie's school and music school, but I have learned for myself that it is Gods will that we move to Sandy. I had to pray hard and then to God and let his will be my will.

This is what I read in answer to my prayers. I was wanting to be closer to the school and feeling the weight of moving... Feeling it was and would be too much work...I prayed for clarity. 

3 Nephi 27: (Christ talking to the Nephites)
11 But if it be not built upon my gospel, and is built upon the works of men, or upon the works of the devil, verily I say unto you they have joy in their works for a season, and by and by the end cometh, and they are hewn down and cast into the fire, from whence there is no return.
14 And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil--

I feel peace and excited about this change. I know it will be hard work to move and hard work to get my kids to all their activities and hard work to raise them in the gospel. But I know I must find joy in his season of my life. I am so blessed to have children to take to school. What a nice time we will have together traveling, talking, growing closer, eating, sharing, sleeping. I will try to stay positive!!!

Now to pack up our whole crazy house, change and set up utilities, changed our address everywhere, and MOVE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment