Monday, June 23, 2014

Rest and peace.

27 And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen. (Enos:27)

This verse in Enos gives me a comfort. I don't understand eternity and I don't understand the afterlife I'm glad that I will be with my family and my husband my children forever but the fact that I can't comprehend it all really freaks me out sometimes. 
But this verse says to me that maybe that's because I'm not ready; I'm not prepared. So maybe if I were to be more prepared or more ready I would be more fine with the whole thing. I like that he says that he'll have rest. I think of life and the never-ending dishes, sweeping the floor in the laundry and picking up, kids in and out and in and out and in and out of car seats...showering day after day, shaving my legs to no end!!!!!!.....all of those maintenance things on top of just living and taking care my children and being with my husband and developing other relationships with friends. 

Rest sounds kind of good actually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment