Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Helping hands

I was so completely overwhelmed with emotion in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, visiting the Helping Hands exhibit today. Early this year in the Children's Friend magazine, kids everywhere were challenged to be Christ's hands and help others. We participated and for FHE cut out hands and wrote down what we had done to help someone else. Thousands and thousands of cut out hands representing service by children were sent in to the Friend and they are on display here. 
As we walked up to the exhibit the sheer size touched my heart. Everywhere I looked, tiny hands hung, each with a different sincere story of love and service. One act of service such as, "I helped my grandpa get the newspaper," might seem small, but together they are changing the world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment