Sunday, February 21, 2016

2nd Nephi 9:4
For I know that ye have searched much, many of you, to know of things to come; wherefore I know that ye know that our flesh must waste away and die; nevertheless, in our bodies we shall see God.


Freddie, at 4 years old, has expressed to us his fear of death. What a horrible feeling I had. An empty dark pit in my stomach, having my beloved child scared, trying as best I could to comfort him with words, praying that he will feel the spirit and not worry about it, knowing he can't really understand right now. But this scripture gives me hope. I know that no matter what, even if he doesn't get it right now, this is true. He will feel the love of God throughout his life and while in his body he will come to know God and the truth. And one day I will die and someday my little son will die. But I have faith that we will go somewhere warm and beautiful and happy and comforting and be with God and know him face to face. There is nothing to fear. 

10 O how great the goodness of our God, who prepareth a way for our escape from the grasp of this awful monster; yea, that monster, death and hell, which I call the death of the body, and also the death of the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment