Monday, July 19, 2010

BB&T in town and fun in DC

I made Banana Bread. First time ever. It was simple, easy, and SOOOOOOOOO good.


Friends, Becca and Bryan are visiting as they pass through DC on a big summer adventure. I love it when people come to visit because it gets us into the city--monuments, art, adventure, billions of hours of walking, etc.
White House
World War II Monument. This is an emotion one.


Washington Monument is always there.


Taking a walk


Yahoo! The Lincoln Memorial! I'd been before but not since we moved here. It reminded me of Hercules so much---when he goes to see his father in the temple....I can go the distance...


Martin Luther King, Jr. gave his speech here.

Lincoln and Collin

Gettysburg address. Huge! And this was only half!


CRAZIEST SQUIRREL YET!!!
Hanging from his hind legs!!

Walk around Tidal Basin to the Jefferson Memorial
Roosevelt, himself.




This means a lot to me. It is beautiful.
Creepy elevator


NEXT DAY!
Here we saw the amazing work of Edward Muybridge. It was incredible!!!! No photos were allowed.

Collin loved this sculpture. Me too.



Then we met up with B&B at the American Art Gallery to see an amazing Norman Rockwell Exhibit, and hear an orchestra play John Williams songs. My dreams come true.



Again, no pictures were allowed of the Norman Rockwell stuff, but it was just awesome.

This is cool:





We made Tikka Masala! SOOOO perfectly delicious!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love reading about all your adventures!

    Banana bread is the best easiest treat! I used to make it all the time b/c our bananas would always go brown too fast. I like to add a ton of chocolate chips- YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm banana bread and that last chicken dish?!!?!? YES. That squirrel is like go-go-gadget squirrel!!! He stretched himself so long!! hahah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at all your pictures makes me REALLY want to spend a month site seeing in DC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay 2 of my favorite things... banana bread and tiki masala!!!!!!! YUM! I love looking at all the fun, creative things you and the collin do and I love DC! :)

    ReplyDelete