Thursday, February 02, 2012

A friend's baby boy passed away yesterday. I can't sleep. I'm just aching for her and sobbing. Why her? And why do we get to keep our precious Frederick? And what's to say he won't be taken from us? But I can't even ask those questions because I know that God has a plan for my friend and her son. I know he has a plan for me too and that we are sealed to Freddie for eternity and will have him always--no matter what. Still it is hard to think of such things as losing a child and sickens my stomach. I am working towards greater faith. Greater hope. Greater charity and humility. Greater trust in God. Collin was sound asleep and when he heard me crying he woke and asked what was wrong. I told him and he just listened and held my hand. Just like when Susan passed away. Just like when I found out Mike had died. It's hard to comprehend and get through these things, to find eternal perspective. Collin bears me up.

3 comments:

  1. oh gosh. do you feel like you feel more intensely about this because of fred? i don't know your friend nor her baby, but it still upsets me to tears to hear of little ones passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have such a sweet hubbie to support you :) These things are hard. I had a friend lose her baby 1 hour after birth. I broke down. My heart just ached for her. It's so sad but that was all the time that little baby needed to be here. That was Heavenly Father's plan. We don't know why, but everything happens for a reason. love you

    ReplyDelete