Friday, September 23, 2011

these days

We've been, you know, just hanging out at home for 4 days now. It's so wonderful. Collin is taking such good care of us and we just are here. Together. A family. Too bad we can't stay like this forever and Collin has to go back to work on Monday. I think I'll cry and die without him. Who will help me with EVERYTHING? The kitties don't know how to change diapers, and that's pretty much been Collin so far. I know it will be just fine though.

Tonight we all took a shower together, and Frederick basically missed it because he slept through the whole thing! HAHA and he's been sleeping since. What a cutie. Seriously, he is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Ever. We keep being like, "we have a baby!" And we love calling him our son. AW, it's so awesome. His hair is just about my favorite thing ever. And after a shower it's SUPER thick and voluminous and wavy!! What a gorgeous kid.

Me: I'm recovering. Peeing SUCKS. It stings like the dickens, whatever that means. It STINGS.  Walking is getting a little better. I have this awesome "donut" to make sitting easier. coughing or sneezing sucks. But mostly I just lay down and drink out of bendy straws. Bendy straws are the best thing EVER! Besides Collin and Frederick. And Monte and Dot. They have been so good!!

Today we went on a walk around the complex to get some sun. It was great. We ran into a few neighbors, who loved seeing him. AND I got my book in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If These Boobs Could Talk, a little humor to pump up the breast feeding mom. It was recommended to me and I LOVE it. It's so funny and is exactly what I'm going through, hehe.


Grandpa Money
And do you LOVE the pillow? We got it at this awesome salvage boutique we went to Saturday (day before the birth) and it was SO cheap and is hand-stitched!!! I love it. I'll post about that salvage store and the room eventually.


Happy dad.

Uncle AJ!




I have hardly any photos of the 2 of us. And this one's blurry. Oh well. Oh! And I weighed myself and from before the birth to after I lost 30 pounds! HAHA! Awesome. Lots to go though.

These two got busted for fighting.


Collin made these for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO INSANE!

sleeping family. Monte was under the bed.

Our walk. Little jungle boy.







Fred and Collin are both sleeping. I'm going to join.

11 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear about the woes of peeing. but (1) it happens to everyone and (2) it does end. (i won't even tell you that someday you'll even want to have sex again! it's true!)

    i love his hair! i love him! we all love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you and your family! he is truly a handsome little man! it's 5:15am and i'm ooohing and ahhhing over all your pictures, and then i get to the one of Fred and Nachos and DIE LAUGHING. hahahahaha! i love that one. i would frame it if i could so it would make me laugh everyday. food and babies - life's pleasures. i hope you are feeling better every day and i'm happy you're enjoying your family so much! i'll be over to see you next week for sure. xoxoxoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a baby!!!! Oh my goodness, isn't being a mom the greatest! And little boys are the best, of course i'm biased! I loved reading all the details, you are amazing. Give yourself time with the recovery and nursing. Nursing took me two months to be able to do without crying, but i am so glad I stuck with it! You just have to keep reminding yourself that it is natural and that your body was made to do it. It will get better, I promise. And when you have baby number two you will be a pro and it wont hurt at all. Enjoy this time with your new little man. It goes by way too fast!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Freddie is REALLY a looker! Thank you for posting all of these pictures of him! I LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEE your paint!!!!! Tell AJ we miss him too, and I am loving the beard on him! Very handsome. We love you so much. Enjoy your time together with Collin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. I cannot get over how beautiful he is. What a sweet little angel! Love your cute perfect family.. Keep resting and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Collin and Nikki, CONGRATULATIONS! I miss you both so much. Heck, I miss your kitties and your newly born cherub of a baby, and I've never met them yet! But seriously, you were such great friends in Provo, and I'm so happy that you have a little boy now. Nikki, HUGE props for having your baby the way you did. You are courageous and strong. Collin, you deserve a big pat on the back for supporting her and helping her have this baby naturally. The hospitals have a lot of money, and they'll use it to make you feel like you were stupid and negligent. They've probably already gotten to a lot of people you'll talk to who will think you did it wrong by not going to a hospital. The truth is, YOU are the smart ones who took the time to learn how to have this baby the best way possible. I'm SO happy for you. And I miss you so much. You know, if you ever want to move to Sioux Falls, we'd be like BFF's for LIFE. (Okay, I know that forever is longer than life, but hey...the point is WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!)

    Neal

    ReplyDelete
  7. It burns when you pee? : Please tell me you have a peri bottle to help with that?!

    Love the pictures I want to cuddle him so bad! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful pictures! Congratulations to the Smith family~

    http://andiez-attitude-of-gratitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those nachos are bigger than Fred. That's a lot of nachos. Great job guys, with Fred and the nachos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOHHHH! What a darling! Love love love that hair! Congrats Collin and Nikki!!! And, Nikki, you are absolutely my hero--I loved reading your birth story! That is my goal with baby #2!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So darling. I love it all. except the Nachos...those look AMAZING! I want to come over and eat nachos while holding your baby.

    ReplyDelete