Saturday, September 03, 2011

what a day...

ups and downs.

collin gave me the sweetest support and love and priesthood blessing this morning as I continue into pregnancy. I've had a pretty easy pregnancy. nausea but no vomiting. and the nausea only lasted 2 months. stretch marks, yes, but healthy me and healthy babe. fine to drive across the country 3 times, move twice, continue to be mobile etc. I've signed up at a great birth center and am excited to have a natural, exciting, loving, gentle birth. i never wanted to find out the sex, and we didn't, and it's been awesome, and i probably won't next time either. or ever. lately i've just gotten a bit overwhelmed with the weight. it's harder to move, get in and out of bed, walk, etc. I've continued to swim and do yoga, which help a lot. But I'm also so tired and take frequent naps during the day. my feet get pretty puffy too....but if I keep them up at night, they don't get too bad. so basically I have a really normal, healthy pregnancy....just some of the little things are catching up with me at 38 weeks. like insane itchiness!!!! Phew!! :) Collin's love for me and his hard work everyday inspire me to work hard and be a better woman. (i'm also trying to keep the baby in the "best position," so I try to lean over all the time....and I washed my whites in the tub today. by hand. I'll never do it again because it took forever and it wasted a lot of water. but cool. I did it. the kitties thought I was nuts.)

sadly, cs was in a small car accident today on the way to work. he's fine; the car's fine....no ticket...no fault...etc. just shaken up and had a hard frazzled day. when he came home he brought burritos from our fav place near our house. he had some cuts and bruises on his arm and hand. so sad!!!!! we spent the night snacking, playing games (I won), and watching SVU. we love SVU. but gotta stop after so many episodes...it gets in your brains....

The kitties. okay. so they play fight. it is usually fine. but sometimes they get a little carried away. today Dot was on the top of the kitty tree about to sleep and monte jumped up there and started fighting. they get aggressive on that tree. Dot let out a little cry and I jumped up to separate. monte backed down and squinted his eye like it hurt, and dot had a pierce in her cheek with a tiny blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost started crying. I grabbed Monte and held him and hugged him and then Dot. it makes me scared and sad that they can't tell the difference of going too far right now. they spent the rest of the day apart and sleeping mostly. :( :(

my dad. goes in for heart surgery to patch the hole on Tuesday. I'll be there with my mom when he wakes up. he's going for this new procedure where they go in through a large vein in groin and go up with an umbrella type thing. it hopefully fits and can open inside and close the hole for life. If it doesn't work or the hole is too big, they will back out, wake him up and schedule open-heart surgery. I know whatever is supposed to happen will, but I'm praying for the umbrella to work.

Dot also has surgery to be spayed that day. I'm dreading it because monte had such a hard time when he went through it. plus she has to not eat the day before and has to have special litter for a week or so etc. it's really hard to do all this with two kitties when one gets to have everything normal. I am a firm believer that babies come when they are good and ready and when it's the best time for them and the mom, but that's one day I'd be nervous of little one coming. I'll still love you if you choose it though, skit.

my mom and cousin came over and helped me paint the baby's place today! it's so cute! I love it. not done yet, but when it is, there will be pictures.

okay, time for sleep. after pictures. tomorrow is the first day since we've lived here that there isn't something planned with us or work or family or something. so we're going to sleep in, eat a delicious breakfast and then discover our neighborhood shops. romantical, no?



 sun bathing. what a princess model


big cat!

AZ Science Center! Anne attacks!!

can't see ya


food digestion. anne helping.

whoa....everyone has always said that my mom and I are identical....i never 
believed, but now I do...so crazy. every other line is her then me. 


Dbacks with Collin and work people. 
totally forgot to take a picture inside or of the field.


Made mini donuts from scratch. 
with whole wheat, duh.



missionaries came and Dot was obsessed with their 
backpacks. seriously rubbing her face all over it and 
loving it and him. he was a cat-lover, himself. 


nighty.

ps. so netflix changed to the new rates. what did everyone decide? instant streaming? or DVD? or both? 



3 comments:

  1. itchiness = blah!

    awesome collin = hooray! (and double hooray for no problems in the accident)

    we decided DVDs for netflix. what did you decide?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only one with stretch marks, and you are of course retaining all your beauty.

    Soooo glad Collin is alright after the accident. Scary! But a blessing that all was minor.

    So excited that you are maintaining the joy and excitement and mystery of baby.

    We chose streaming.

    ReplyDelete