Wednesday, September 07, 2011

it's going on

So my dad's heart is fixed!!! There was a large hole he'd had since birth and they were going to try this very new procedure where they go up through a vein in his groin and have this umbrella-like plug that opens up and completely seals the hole. But if the umbrella isn't big enough because the hole is too big, the person isn't a canidate and they have to back out, wake him up, and schedule open-heart suregery. But it worked!  Everything went perfectly!!! Prayer works. He's at home recovering and happy to be in his own bed instead of at the hospital. What a MIRACLE. What a difference from last time....also miracles and working prayers, but so much more up, down, up, down, complications, waivered faith, fear, "what if," etc. This time we were all firm in our faith. We were totally together and supporting each other and him. We knew that whatever happened, everything would be alright. My dad was courageous.

My kitten, Dottie, had her surgery yesterday as well. She is now spayed. I was super nervous about it because Monte had the worst time with it (plus the nervousness from Dad going into surgery), but the vets and techs at the AZ Humane Society were so kind and gave lots of comforting words. After hanging out with my dad all afternoon while he had to lay flat for hours after surgery, I went and picked up Dot.
She's all shaved on her tummy with an inch cut in her lower abdomen, now all stitched up, and it's all flabby down there from the procedure. Poor little one. She's doing well now. Last night was very stressful keeping her and Monte apart (meaning one could be in our room with us and one had to stay out in the living room alone...SAD) so they didn't play fight and keeping her from licking her stitches. We tried to put a cone on her, but she flipped out like she was POSSESSED and was running into things and hurting herself. Oh my goodness. So I just keep watching her. She understands, "no-no, Dot!" when she starts licking, and has pretty much quit trying. But I still have to keep an eye on both kitties at all times. We all listen to hypnobirthing together and then they just go to sleep. It's great. :)

Had an appointment today and apparently little Skittlecore is posterior at this time. I'm going to work my hardest at being a human hammock and sitting forward at all times to get him/her to flip, but make sure to send your "turn your back and face my bum" thoughts our way. :) Mary the midwife says not to worry and that she's sure everything will work out the way it's supposed to. I'm really not worried. I feel confident and excited about birth.

I had one of those crazy experiences today that really make you grateful and really make you think. Some people are born into situations that are really hard and that they can't do anything about. I'm really blessed. I need to do more service, think of others more, be more motivated. I want to. I even complain about my phone. Some people don't have a phone.

In other news: it's hot out there, but the sky sure is pretty.

Check out this sweetness from labor day:



Skittlecore at 38 weeks.


Dot on her way to certain doom


Real Pirates at AZ Science Center. It's a REAL PIRATE SHIP from 1700s! It's coming in Oct and going to be amazing. Collin's heading up the whole thing!


Waiting for Dad to get out. Didn't take long!


Poor baby girl.




5 comments:

  1. and so it goes! looks like your belly is the center of attention. good for skittlecore - i'm sure this won't be the last for him/her!

    so glad that the surgery went well for your dad. hooray for healthy hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for your daddy-o!!!! And you/skittlecore/belly look perfect. What an exciting time, even though I'm sure it's stressful sometimes. You can do it! I REAAAAALLY want to see the Pirate exhibit! It looks amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww i love everything about this posttt! I cant wait to see baby skittlecore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your dad is alright! That's amazing!! I know how scary it can be to wait while they are in surgery, and it really is the best feeling when the doctor comes out smiling! Yay! And, your cat is sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Dot looks so cute in a cone! I'm glad everything worked out okay. Isn't it great how everything always works out okay in the end??!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete