Sunday, March 18, 2012

marvelous kiddo

The author of one of my favorite blogs, is close to going into labor. Here's one of her recent posts as she's waiting for her babe to arrive:

http://marvelouskiddo.blogspot.com/2012/03/dispatch-from-labor-land.html#comment-form

I love when she says, "all things considered I'm doing really well physically and emotionally. I have been getting plenty of rest, I feel strong and SO ready to embrace any hard labor work that might be in store for me. I'm eating and laughing and walking and crying and feeling so very blessed by my beautiful family and friends, even as I search for a light at the end of this tunnel. I am learning the hard and yet freeing lessons of surrender. And I have so much respect for this baby! I know he or she is picking it's birthday and knows when the time is right."

I remember so well those feelings of complete surrender. Surrender to my body, my baby and my instincts. It's making me long for the important work of pregnancy and birth. It makes me look deeper into Frederick's eyes, hold him closer, longer; know what a miracle he is, and how important and needed I am.

Good luck to you, Leigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment