Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Did you know about breastfeeding?


http://thesinglecrunch.com/2014/02/12/goodbye-breastfeeding/

The link above is to a story---something that I really relate to and I think will be a lot of how I will feel someday when my breastfeeding relationships end. Who knows how long Fred and I or Harriet and I will go. My plan is for "as long as we both want." We will see. It's not always perfect but we love it and it's a huge part of who we are. 

Moving on comes to us all. I've heard from many who have gone through weaning that it's a bittersweet time--that one can be so depressed and so ready all at once. 

Well that time isn't yet for us so for now we will just enjoy our nursing time. I love these little stories from other peoples lives.  Moms and babes are all so unique. I enjoy learning from others and sharing my experiences. 

Freddie's really growing up and wanting his independence from me big time. I love when he comes back to check in, wants mommy and wants some "milky." I know how fast the baby stage will go with Hattie. I'm soaking up every second, just staring at her! I also long for one on one time w Fred recently. We've started a little intro to sports class at the community center and my mom holds Hattie while Fred and I have fun together!! I love that guy!! He's getting better and better at learning to be gentle with her and in general. He's so so gentle with the kitties now!! But he loves to growl at monte and scare the wits out of him, haha poor guy. 

I love my children and recently realized and verbalized that I love being a mother. 






(Remember when Freddie wore the above picture???) there will be lots of these comparison photos as Hattie gets big enough to fit in lots of our favorite Freddie outfits. It melts my heart!

Fred:

No comments:

Post a Comment