Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Phoenix for the weekend. Moneys. Mom's Birthday. Sept 11. Joe and Dad's football. Food. And WEDDING!

Good friend, Natalie, drove us to good friend, Chareese's, home the night before our flight. SWEETHEARTS. The flight left from DCA at 6 am. It was FREEZING. And no blankets on stinking Airtran. Besides the no blankets, our first experience with that airline was pretty alright. Thank goodness I had some random blanket-ish clothes with me.


Layover in Atlanta. Smith is a great travel partner. And he's stinking hot.
Phoenix!! The dry air! The wonderfulness! The 80 degree weather! Dad picked us up. He's a sweetheart! It was the best weightless feeling. It had been 9 months!!
Little Joey going to school. Middle school!
Cool guy going to the bus stop. He wasn't too cool to hug us goodbye though.


We went to Joe's old Elementary school for the September 11th Assembly. It was awesome.

Pomegranate, my mom's favorite vegan restaurant, for her birthday.
She's gorgeous
Yummm yum yum yum


After Morgan and Tom's sealing, had delicious Filibertos. This was the best taco I've ever had.
Joseph's football game in between the wedding and reception. Joe is the one in purple on the very left.
Rootbeer and my dad :)
Rummykub and Pizza mm.
Happy Birthday, Mom!!!! 51 and hotter than ever!



After the reception, Anne and Aaron came over. The five of us went to In n Out!!!! We got all our favorite AZ foods in in this weekend. Good cause we hadn't been to AZ in 9 months. In n Out, Fili Bs, and Native New Yorker!!

Sneaky Sneek and Mickey
The Moneys took us to the airport on Sunday morning. They came in and played Bananagrams with us till we had to go through security. I love these guys. And I won once.

Farewell AZ. I was dried out by this point. I needed moisture on my skin. But I love you, AZ. See you for Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE how much stuff you guys packed into a few days! You KNOW how to do truncated vacations! I should take tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was exhausting. So worth it. I am overcoming an after-crazy-weekend-party-all-nighters cold.

    ReplyDelete