Friday, April 27, 2012

Coming to an end

I'm not so great at writing or expressing how I'm really really feeling but i can't say enough how grateful I am. I'm here with my mom for her last radiation treatment! They will take out her device, tubes, drains too-which have caused infection and much discomfort. We'll celebrate somehow this afternoon. But the humility and gratitude: I testify that God loves us. He allows us to experience pain. But it helps us grow and allows us to comfort and understand and help other people as they suffer. I have met a lot of beautiful wonderful women while bringing my mom to her treatments. There is this woman, Jennie, who has breast cancer and has been receiving radiation treatment for 8 months. She had two surgeries this week because they keep finding more cancer. She starts chemo next week. I had to turn away because I couldn't fight back tears. So many people suffering but God does love them. I know because despite hard things I have experienced in my family or in my own marriage and life, I'm able to recognize blessings. I'm thankful. I feel loved. My mom feels so blessed and loved and positive and well taken care of.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she's almost done with radiation! I'm sure it's been a great comfort having you there and having little Freddie to snuggle. Love, hugs and kisses for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of her and baby. My prayers are with you guys. So glad she's almost done! You are AMAZING Nikki! Love.

    ReplyDelete