Friday, April 13, 2012

My mother. Breasts.

My sweet angel mother. She was diagnosed with breast cancer Thursday. Thursday was tears and thoughts of future and the shock of it all. Yesterday was learning to actually say it. Admit it. And yesterday was full of doctors, tests, knowledge, hope. The doctor is a man of faith, and believer in God. He prays before every surgery. He says God is the one in charge. They say they are going to cure my mom. Technology is a miracle these days. They will preform surgery to take out the cancer, then insert a balloon where the tissue was taken out. The radiation is inserted in the balloon for treatment twice a day for a week. That way only the effected areas receive radiation and studies say that 98% of the time if cancer comes back it comes back in the same spot.

Breasts. My life=breasts. Breast feeding. If you know me or spend time with me or read this blog you know that for the past 7 months it's what I've talked about, read about, and done all day (in many places during many activities). Breasts (breast milk) have fed my child, kept him alive and well for 7 months! It works!

Today we are going to the temple. We will find hope and peace and understanding. I know the plan of salvation is real and that we can be together with our families and love ones forever.

5 comments:

  1. Nikki! We will keep your sweet mom and family in our prayers. Medical advancement and technology these days are amazing. Nonetheless, it's not something anybody wants to go through! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. She must be brave (and so are you!) I'll keep her in my prayers. I hope treatment goes well. Hang in there. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki! I'm so sorry! We will be praying for your mom and for your whole family. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki, I am so sorry! Your family will be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your mom. We are praying for you and all your family!

    ReplyDelete