Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy news!

My mom is doing well. No cancer in her lymph nodes!! The tumors are completely out!! She has a tube, drain, and balloon in her left breast awaiting radiating twice a day starting Monday for a week! No chemotherapy is needed so far. Other than the discomfort of said objects and soreness, she is doing really well.
Gosh, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude because of all the kindness and prayers and faith on her behalf. But even more because of the fact that I know she is in God's hands. He loves her and has a plan for her and for our family. He knows the big picture. I know all of this for a fact. And if it were part of his plan for her, He could take her and it would be hard. One of the hardest things in my life. But I would know that it would be okay, and that this life is not the end, but is a short time in the spectrum of eternity. This is not the end of our existence. But she is going to be okay!!! What an incredible blessing! And what a blessing that we each have life and breath and this beautiful world everyday. Enjoy it! Don't waste it! Go outside with your husband and baby and kitties and friends. (I will. But I'll take a short nap first. We had to be up at 6 am today to watch our friends' children for the weekend.) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment