Thursday, April 05, 2012

It shouldn't be hard


As I was singing primary songs to Freddie this morning (in my gorgeous falsetto voice--yikes!!!!), I found the following song. The words touched me (aka made me cry--I'm a mother!!) They are so true, so simple. (I know, I'm a nerd.)


"It shouldn’t be hard to sit very still
And think about Jesus, his cross on the hill,
And all that he suffered and did for me;
It shouldn’t be hard to sit quietly.
It shouldn’t be hard, even though I am small,
To think about Jesus, not hard at all.
I think of the miles he walked in the dust,
And children he helped to love and to trust;
It shouldn’t be hard to sit tall in my seat,
To listen politely, to quiet my feet.
It shouldn’t be hard, even though I am small,

To think about Jesus, not hard at all.

1 comment:

  1. oh i love that song, i've always found it so touching.

    ReplyDelete