Tuesday, September 25, 2012

up in the pines

the air was cool and smelled deliciously. the trees were tall. frederick was happy (wouldn't you be if you got to run around in the woods, find pine cones and rocks and flowers and eat lots of dirt?) I enjoyed my time getting to know the young women and being in nature. of course, I wished cs could have been with us; i never like doing things without him, but it was a quick trip, and a good one. 



Ashley, the dog

we got the americana room. this bed was divinely comfortable.




 






serious. silly!

thanks, buddy!









my little man



that night we talked about things we struggle with such as our perceptions of ourselves. these thoughts and feelings don't stop when you become an adult. we all wrote down things we want to do better with and crumpled it up. the next day we buried our "weapons of war." It was all anonymous, but I'll tell you mine: I want to pray everyday, morning and night, and I want to stop feeling negatively about my body and clothes postpartum. two of a few goals I've set for myself recently. I think I can do it. we talked about HOW we will do it. when I am getting dressed or look in the mirror, when I'm about to think something negative, I just don't. I just get dressed and go and don't worry or think about it. I've done it for a few days now, and it's working! though I've been working hard at exercising and eating healthily, I can't change the fact that after having a baby, my hips are just wider. my tummy has stretches. my breasts are huge and full of milk! hehe. I'm instead grateful I was blessed with these things. they gave me.........well just look at this little boy.
 
we got to shoot these cool blue-lighted airplane thingies. mine didn't work so fred just held it. it was pretty though!

Hike the next morning: when you think you can't go on, know you can always do more!





they made it to the top!

 
see ya next time, Ashley!

2 comments:

  1. Being in Young Women's has got to be the best calling!!! I miss Arizona camping. So pretty. Freddie looks like he likes the new ergo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the last pictures of Freddie in his blue striped pants....SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete