Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter 2014

Holidays are fun with a toddler. It's funny to explain to him what it is and why it's a special day. He's often like...another holiday??? Haha and you know we love to celebrate anything and everything. It's interesting as Freddie gets older to figure out which traditions we will focus on and which we will ignore as a family! We also aren't tied down to any specific things though. If we don't get to something...who cares! The most important thing for us on Easter was to consistently talk about the resurrection of Jesus Christ and what it means to us individually and as a family.

This year we went to the Easter pageant at the Mesa Temple, dyed eggs, and attended church together Sunday morning. That morning the kids got Easter outfits (that was fun for me!!) and got cards and little gifts from grandparents. And I made some delicious Easter cookies. Recipe here: http://cookiesandcups.com/cookie-sticks/#_a5y_p=1312222

After church we had a 3 hour family nap (we were OUT. I haven't slept that well in a while!!!) and then had our favorite meal, Chicken Tikka Massala by Mrs Harding cooks, here: http://mrshardingcooks.blogspot.com/2010/05/chicken-tikka-masala.html?m=1

I was REALLY wanting to be around family or friends that evening. My family was out of town and we were missing them and Collins fam like crazy. So we went over to a friends house with a few other families and had dessert. We got there and only had an hour before everyone was leaving but we had a great time talking with other adults. We are grateful for good and welcoming friends in our ward family. Heavenly Father really takes care of his children. It was a beautiful special family day. Love my so husband and children and kittens so very much. So thankful for the Atonement  and Resurrection of the Savior and for my sweet Mia Maid class. They have strong testimonies and teach me so much. 





I'm SO OBSESSED with these pictures and this happy boy!!!!!!!! He loves life!!!


Went to the Easter Pageant w friends, Chelsea and Dallin, who are expecting their first baby this year!
Freddie wrestling with some kids...


Beeeeautiful flowers from Collin!


Fred doing the Charlie Brown head pout when he had to wait for the eggs to color.
So pretty!


He's obsessed w his pinwheel and planes.
This girl...my darling darling honey. This picture makes me want to cry, I love her so! Her little crossed legs and chubby fingers and looking right at me. That nose! Love
Love
Love everything about her.
She loves her Minnie!!!


My beauties. They are smart and silly and sassy and loving to each other and others. They are outgoing and kind and aware and precious. These two are going to change the world; I know it.


Spyin on nursery...

Love mush pile

Flower king and frog princess..
So good...
Sooooooo good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment