Monday, April 18, 2016

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

This family is a family of four. This is what we know. We are reaching out to a new world, new life, new one, ready for him or her to change us forever. I love these ones. These ones who try me and challenge me and stretch me and encourage, lead, love, forgive, teach me, listen to me, are fascinated by me. And I am truly captivated by them. God gave them to me. I look at them laughing, crying, running, watching, even defying, and I can't help but pray to God and thank him, in a most sincere way. I don't know what the future holds or what heartache we might someday know, but I know I have them for forever. That's very real. And this was his plan! To give us families. "If it's even better than this in the next life, than it's going to be good," I was thinking today. "Because this is really really good." And many times I'm like, "This is WAY TOO HARD!!!" but I know I need those times too. 
We're ready for you, babe. Take as long as you need. I'll wait weeks if you need. But we're ready when you are, to welcome and love you and bring you into our tiny world. Please forgive us for the times we fight or overreact or are selfish or loud or messy or crazy. All those things happen at times, but we knew you were meant for us and we will do our best and say sorry when it's not good enough. We love you already. We've loved being a family of four. Mama, Dada, Freddie, and Hattie and DOT! And now we're ready for more!

Photos taken on the UT State Captiol lawn by my brilliant sister in law, Amelia Wallace Money. Thank you so much!!




























1 comment: