Tuesday, January 10, 2017

#52 stories week 1

Collin and I will be blogging the answers to 52 questions, 1 per week, this year, to help us in writing our personal histories. Here's a link with more info on the project:

52 Stories

So here is the question and Nikki's answer fir the 1st week in 2017...


January
Goals & Achievements

What goals do you hope to achieve this year?

I actually just posted our family's goals for the year but I'll expand on each: the reasons behind them and update on how I'm doing 2 weeks into the New Year.


This year I hope to reach these goals:

1. Make a real friend. 
I have some extremely close friends. A few women I would do anything for and who I know would have my back in any situation. We talk often and I rely on them heavily when I am having a hard time or when I want to share goodness, but they live in AZ!!! and DC!!! and Japan!!!! Sheesh. I have some good friends around the state/valley in Utah and we are making friends here and there in our ward but I want to really focus on developing some of these relationships. You out there: my dear best friends already, you reading this now: I could never and would never replace you. Friendship to me is family. It's real. It's forever. I need a best friend neighbor to add to the bunch.

2. Exercise; take care of my body; be HEALTHY.
I had a baby. And I gained a lot of weight (about 60lbs) with that first little guy and never really lost that weight. Then I started working out but before I got totally healthy, I had another babe. I worked out a lot during that pregnancy and gained a minimal normal amount (but then ended up having high BP due to stress just the last few weeks). After that I still had that extra stuff from the first pregnancy. I was working out and then came babe #3! YAHOO! I had a very healthy pregnancy. I ate really really well, and toned down the working out to walks and low key aerobics. I gained only about 30 lbs again..minimal normal weight...and had a super healthy awesome birth too. So here I am, 8 months postpartum and I'm working out a few times a week (I wish I could do more, but very little time these days), and I still have a ways to go. I've never been one to focus on numbers; I've never owned a scale. I don't believe in focusing on losing a certain amount of weight. But I want to be healthy. I really desire this. I want to feel good in my body. I want to be a good example to my children and to be able to stay young and healthy for them as much as myself. I want to work hard at making good choices when it comes to eating. I have a goal of not eating fast food this year (or my kids.) I also want to eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I have been so used to just eating at normal meal times and just a plateful. I have been trying to learn to listen to my body.
3. Make our house a home. 
We spend a lot of time in our home. We want to love it. We want the kids to love their rooms and to feel comfortable. And we want to have lots of parties!!!
4. Prayer on my knees morning and night.
It makes my prayers more sincere. (So does the fact that I need all the help I can get while raising my 3 little stinkers and trying to strengthen my relationship with Collin.) I love the comfort that comes from prayer, the self-reflection and feeling that I belong and have purpose. 

Well, here's to 2017 and to Collin's gorgeous hair in humidity. (and in general. boyfriend has the best hair ever and I love when he lets it go wild. Collin, your goal this year should be to let your hair be wild and curly more often and to go on lots and lots of adventure dates with your lovely wife.)




No comments:

Post a Comment