Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Collin's #52stories

Collin
What Goal Do You Hope to Achieve This Year?

in 2017, my goal is to bring daily happiness into my home and family. Why? Because we need a little Christmas, right this very minute! And a ton of other great broadway songs floating through the house to lift us all up and help us feel joy.

When I was in the MTC, I sang like crazy; in the halls, in the shower. At first my other 19 year old peers were generally confused, and some put off by my unabasehed enthusiasm. But over time, as I kept it up and sang out of the sheer joy that I felt, other’s did the same. Better yet, our MTC District was happy and had a sense of connectedness.

My family is not used to winter; or waiting until 8 am for the sun to rise; or snow to cover everything and freeze us to the bone. We want to feel warm when we are together and bring light in both physical and metaphorical ways, into our home and to others. 

So singing will be one way to bring happiness into our home every day.

What else will I do this year to bring happiness into my family daily? 
  • Read my scriptures every day
  • Pray personally and as a family twice daily
  • Attend the temple monthly
  • Prepare and take family names to the temple bi-monthly
  • Talk to my brother, sister, mom and dad at least once a month
Say nice things, be nice, sing, get down on the floor, say yes to whatever my kids ask to do with me more. Less trying to get “me” time, less time on my phone (at anytime: work, transit, home, bed), less complaining, less waiting for others to do something before I do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment