Friday, November 04, 2011

I am so excited about this: Fall Festival


Cs is sick. We won't catch it though. I refuse.


So am I going to have to buy nursing pads for the next year? Will I ever stop leaking?


Maria Taylor of AZURE RAYmy favorite band of 8 or 9 years, is expecting a baby. I'm so so happy for her! Here's a link to her new album, Overlook


Speaking of a little bundle of joy, babe boy REALLY got me this morning. I mean, pooping and peeing on me is a regular occurance...I SWEAR, it's not my fault! HE WAITS till I'm changing his already soiled diaper! Even if I feel like I've waited till he's done...even if I hurry so fast....he gets me...but today...today was the MOTHER of all gettings...(so far). I even had him on a sheet protector pad thing. It SHOT OUT, all over ME, my legs, the blankets, everything....so badly that I had to go jump in the shower! LUCKILY Collin hadn't left for work yet and was able to help me. Oh man, haha. Look at im....





PS. He totally SMILES when he makes eye contact with me. Best thing ever and worth being covered in anything!!!

We went to the harvest festival at Joe's school Wed. My mom helped put it on...let's face it, she practically did the entire thing...and it was incredible. It was a GREAT alternative to the State Fair for us this year since A. my butt would hurt so badly I'd die if I rode lots of rides right now and B. Baby guy's brains would scramble so we'd have to switch off doing stuff. no thanks!! 



THE BIG FOOTBALL GAME is this Saturday. tomorrow.  I don't know if you are supposed to pray that your team will win but i'll be praying that we do our best AND that our best is going to Florida for nationals!!!!!! Wooohoooo! Everyone should come out to support! Or at least send positive vibes our way!


My hot husband and darling baby are asleep next to me and both lightly snoring hehe.


I love grammar and have been going back to my old grammar books to refresh.


David comes home in 6 daysssss. Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy.


Best homemade NO KNEAD bread, and extremely easy:

3 C. hot water
1 ½ T. granulated yeast
1 ½ T. kosher or sea salt 
6 ½ C. 
Cornmeal 


1. pour hot water into a large bowl preferably with lid. Not Airtight--lift a corner.
2. Add yeast and salt to the water, Don’t worry about getting it all to dissolve.
3. Mix in the flour by gently scooping it up, then leveling the top of the measuring cup with a knife; don’t pat down. Mix with a wooden spoon, food processor with dough hook attachment etc. If hand mixing becomes too difficult, use very wet hands to press it together. DON’T KNEAD! This step is done in a matter of minutes, and yields a wet dough loose enough to conform to the container.
4.Cover loosely. Allow the mixture to rise at room temp. appox. 2 hrs. depending on temp. Longer rising times, up to about five hrs., will not harm the result.Refrigerated wet dough is less sticky and easier to work with than room temp. dough. 
5. ON BAKING DAY Prepare pizza stone or pan by sprinkling it liberally with cornmeal to prevent the loaf from sticking to it. (or spray w cooking spray)
Sprinkle top of dough with flour, cut off a 1-pound (grapefruit-sized) piece. Hold dough in hands, gently stretch the surface of the dough around to bottom on 4 sides, rotating the ball a quarter-turn as you go, until the bottom is a collection of 4 bunched ends.
6. Place on baking surface. Let rest uncovered for about 40 minutes. Depending on the dough’s age, you may see little rise during this period; more rising will occur during baking.
7. 20 min. before baking, preheat over to 450 degrees with a baking stone on the middle rack. Place an empty broiler tray for holding water on another shelf underneath.
8. Dust the top of the loaf liberally with flour, which will allow the slashing serrated knife to pass without sticking. Slash a ¼ “ deep cross, scallop, or tic-tack-toe pattern into the top. (This helps the bread to expand during baking)
9. Place bread in oven, quickly but carefully pour about a cup of hot water into the broiler tray and close the oven door to trap the steam. Bake for about 30 min. or until the crust is browned and firm to the touch. With wet dough, there is little risk of drying out the interior, despite the dark crust. When you remove the loaf from the oven, it will actually crackle, or “sing”, when initially exposed to room temp. air. Allow to cool completely, preferably on a wire rack.
10. Refrigerate the remaining dough in your lidded (not air-tight) cont. and use it over the next 2 wks.
This dough can be frozen in 1-pound portions in an airtight cont. and defrosted overnight in the refrigerator prior to baking day.[I find that I need to cook the bread for 50 min. if refrigerated so as not to be gluey.]



No comments:

Post a Comment