Wednesday, November 10, 2010

DISHWASHER INSANE!

Last Saturday we got a new disposal and it's been working fine
except for this:


THUS, the dishes since Thursday have been piling up. 
I WON'T show a picture of THAT disgustingness!!!!!!!
Because Collin is SOOOO busy at work, I decided to FIGURE THIS OUT.

I went online, read manuals, found opinions, and knew what I had to do. 
Get the stupid dishwasher plug out. 

But there was no way for me to get enough strength at that angle, so while I was under the sink, busting my lip, locking kitten in the room, I figured.... "I'm going to have to take this whole thing apart." I said a prayer, and went to work. I worked carefully, prepared with paper towels, a bucket, plugged nose, 
AND ELECTRICITY TURNED OFF. 
I used tools; I pulled and tugged; I got the thing off. 

water. 
NASTY WATER.
 with food chucks!
 Leaking!
 almost vomiting!!









 Got the thing off the wall and got it down. Still couldn't get the stupid plug out. I said another prayer, stuck a screw driver in the hole, and pounded with the hammer with ALL MY MIGHT!
It popped off half-way and I reached in and PULLED the sucker out with my bare hands!


This is IT! THIS! This little PUNY THING was IT!


Then it came down to putting everything back together. But I did it. Carefully. There was another leak issue, but I got it. I fixed it. Fixed it. With the grace of GOD, mind you. I really can't take ANY of the credit. 

7 comments:

  1. you are a super woman. I would have just cried. and cursed at it.

    then called our home-teachers or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoorah you amazing woman!!! You did it! You're my heroine. Wanna come fix MY dishwasher? It's on a tilt because the countertop is falling down and doesn't have a door on the soap dispenser. :) YOU ROCK! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go girl. I wouldn't have dared. Major phobia about the garbage disposal. mucho impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my girl. It's called a knock out, and it happens when new Disposals are installed. I used to fix our dishwasher every few months in Stockton. It's a pain, but I learned a lot back in those days. Now if the Disposal ever jams you can often times get it started again by using an Allen Wrench in the little hole on the bottom.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - you're a better woman than me. i would have called somebody to do it for me :) way to go.

    p.s. how cute is your blog background - i love those frames.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you!!! What an accomplishment! I would sit there and pout until Justin fixed it haha! I need to be more like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All this because I installed it wrong! I have the MOST amazing woman for a wife, nay, partner! Way to go handy-woman.

    (Guess that Gender Studies class really paid off!)

    ReplyDelete