Friday, November 05, 2010

losing weight

It's hard to lose weight. We NEVER eat out....like once every couple of weeks. I walk to and from work all the time. We make all our meals from scratch and rarely use processed foods. I bake with whole wheat flour and buy only bread with whole wheat and tons of oats etc. We eat tons of vegetarian meals, chicken about once a week, and beef or pork a couple of times a month.

If we use fattening ingredients, they are mostly healthy ones. I feel super good and healthy...but sometimes I just want to be skinny.

I don't have the money to join a gym. I wish I could because I would go. I love going to the gym. I hate running outside. And I'd like to do work out videos, but I just don't really.

.....oh well. I should just stop comparing myself to all the skinny perfect women out there and go do something good.

4 comments:

  1. You would go to a gym? I say ask for that for Christmas! I hate gyms - am terrified of them really. But if I find a deal on gyms I'll let you know! And "all the skinny perfect women out there" are probably, as you say, skinny... but definitely not perfect. I know a fairly skinny girl who suffers from acne. There's always something to get a woman down! You are lovely and eat well and have the personality of a star. And you do MUCH good! I can't think of a more perfect you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a crunch routine that I do. I try to to do it every day. I wear a bracelet on my arm and when I look at it it is an automatic reminder that I need to do them today. I i don't make excuses. I just do it.
    But unfortunately, the only way to show some real weight loss, you have to commit to some kind of energy expenditure. Is there a YMCA in the neighborhood? Take a class! Go on bike rides! Yoga. Join a team! Some kind of activity, because its what were are made to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think you're beautiful. I have always admired your self confidence and unique tastes.
    I take a boot camp class twice a week with some ward friends. (the girl who does it charges waaaay less than her classes at the gym). Maybe someone knows of something like that, it's not a gym and it's more social :)
    I used to love running when I lived next to south mountain. Now I never go b/c there aren't any mountains in Gilbert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, you're beautiful. But I get it. I feel the same way after a baby, it's hard to gain 50 lbs and then SLOWLY work it off over a year (still not quite there). I do have a couple of recommendations that I find are totally essential to get the metabolism going and mix things up. It would take me forever to write it down, so FB me your number and we'll chat whenever you want. :)
    xo hilary

    ReplyDelete