Thursday, May 26, 2011

water birth

This is the woman we met with at our new birth center. Mary. She is one of two delivering women. 


"Our experience with Mary was more then we expected. We decided to have our first child at home and chose her to be our midwife. Right from the start I felt I had an amazing connection with her. I decided to do co-care in the begining and saw an OB-GYN. I'm glad in a way that I did do that because I got to see both sides. To the doctor I was just an appointment. The doctor spent maybe 3-5 minutes with me.
With Mary it was the complete opposite. We watched informational videos and she made sure all of our questions and concerns were addressed. We discussed our fears with her and she listened and made us feel better about them by how knowledgeable she is. She is such an amazing person, I'm so glad to have met her she has made such an impact on my life and has made us see birth so much differently from what we are accustomed to.
The birth of our son Micah was everything we wanted and more, it was so liberating and Mary will be there for the future kids to come!
Thank you Mary for everything, you are such a blessing." 

That was my experience with the doctor in MD to a T. It makes me emotional to think about it.  I'm so excited about this!!

The benefits of water birth:


Water Babe!!! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. My OBGYN sucked. I'm so happy you found someone that you have a good connection with and makes you feel comfortable :) It'll make the experience so much more special.

    ReplyDelete