Monday, June 20, 2011

daddy-o


My sweet baby daddy after a sweet father's day. Collin and I both spoke in church, and it was nerve-racking for me, but ended up going well and I'm glad I had the opportunity. I spoke on how worshiping God brings knowledge and faithfulness, which allows us to overcome trials and anything life throws at us. It gives me comfort because I know that any situation can be a positive lesson. Collin spoke on how worship brings peace. God is a god of love and peace. Collin started his talk with saying that he's honored to join the ranks of fatherhood and that that is what we have all had since the beginning of time: a loving father.

My favorite scripture: Acts 17:28 says, “For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, for we are also his offspring.” And in the verse before it says, “that they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us."

After church we all had a great dinner. Dad requested his mom's chicken
and red jello. Collin requested real macaroni and cheese. Then we had 
angel food cake and strawberries. Yum. 

THEN PRESENTS! Monte and Dot got Collin the ties.
Babe and I got him the book. 


I love fathers. Heavenly Father, earthly father, father-in-law,
fathers-to-be, future fathers, father of our ward (bishops, so loving, 
who have greatly impacted my life), and father figures. 


AND IN BABE NEWS: I'm starting 28 weeks today! THIRD trimester!!! WoWCHA!!! 
It's all coming quickly and still no place to live! IIEEEE! It'll happen though! We've been
looking at tons of places and I just know we'll find the perfect place for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment