Thursday, June 16, 2011

gender neutral baby clothes are fun.

Hehe, makes me laugh:

"You're not finding out the sex? But then how will you know what to buy for clothes?"

me, bewildered: Does everyone only dress their boys in all blue and girls in all pink and frills? What in the world? Well if they do then I'm just going to go out on a limb and be different. :) :)

Colors that any child can wear: yes, green and yellow. But orange? red? blue? tan? brown? gray? darks and lights and bolds and brights in all of these? animals? mom/dad/grandpa loves me shirts? Add a bow: girl. Even if I were finding out and not being surprised I wouldn't want only pink or only blue. That would be boring.

Am I missing something here? Haha, it's just too funny that people think I'm nuts about not finding out the sex due to figuring out what color to dress the little babe in. I think we'll just be naked for the first 2 months. Then I'll know if he's a boy or she's a girl and I can totally purchase those frills or that 3-piece suit. (i kid, i kid.)

Finding out the sex is a very new thing, though! Most of our mother's didn't even have a choice and they did alright! :) :)
PS. I'm in NO way putting anyone down for finding out. I definitely understand why people do! Makes perfect sense! I just think it's fun waiting. That just Collin and me :)

Examples of cute gender neutral stuff. Old Navy.









5 comments:

  1. I totally agree! Not finding out the gender IS so much fun! I'll never forget the moment Jeff introduced me to Axton as they placed him on my chest and when the nurses announced "it's a girl" when Elodie was born (remember Jeff missed her birth). I like meeting the person not an image in an ultrasound. Also remember, it's not about what others think. It's about you, Collin, and your babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it's less about color (I'm not a fan of all pink either) and more about style. But I agree... babies in neutrals are to die for.

    And you and Collin be different (and cool?) No... never... that's not you guys...

    Oh wait! That IS you guys! And we love you so SO much for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with you. even though we found out the gender for both, i would never think "oh, okay---blue everything it is!" silly people. good for making a choice that's right for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I just wanted something exciting to happen in middle of my pregnancy because I was so miserable. I don't know what we'll do next time, but I've always thought it would be exciting to just wait and see. Good luck!! And Congratulations!! If I haven't already told you. :) I have enjoyed reading about your adventures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohh my goodness. Yeah, as soon as we found out we were having a girl everyone thought "I have to get them something in pastel pink!" Don't get me wrong I'm SO grateful for the gifts we got, but pastel pink is not the only color a girl can wear. For instance, I have ONE article of pink clothing for myself and I'm just fine with that.

    ReplyDelete