Friday, June 10, 2011

blossom birth center=happy nikki

We had our first OFFICIAL appointment yesterday! It was amazing! wonderful! empowering!



I analyzed my urine with the doctor so that I understood how it worked, what they were looking for and what it meant! How amazing is THAT? I always just put my pee in the little window and never knew what the point was or where it went. 


My chart is open for us to see. We even fill out parts of it. I just love the relationships I have with the midwife (Mary) and doctor (Nitchelle). I love them!!


The appointment was AN HOUR AND A HALF! Most will be about 45 mins to an hour, but this time we caught up with my pregnancy, being almost 6 months along and all, talked about my past and the future, monitored and heard the babies heartbeat and movements (Collin and my mom heard for the first time), discussed my thoughts, concerns, wonders, opinions, and anything else that came to mind!


Wow, this is SO for me. I feel so happy! Smith and I got lots and lots of homework aka reading material and films to look at TOGETHER as a partnership. They encourage Collin to come to every appointment. They are all about education, awareness, and my comfort and beliefs. But they also guide and give their experienced opinions. 

She told me that my maternity pants are for 1st trimester and are now too tight. Everything needs to be super "loosey goosey" so that baby feels comfortable being low down there, haha! The funny thing is that I WAS feeling uncomfortable, but I didn't do anything about it. My instincts were kind of telling me that i should get something better. 


But now my goal is to learn how to better LISTEN to my instincts. I think more concentrated daily prayer will help with it. I will pray to be able to listen to my body, and the spirit telling me what I need. I just feel like I am getting so much more in tune with myself. 


I have the tendency to be negative and complain. seriously, ask Collin. But I DESIRE to be positive, so I'm working on it. Yoga has been so wonderful with de-stressing and just strengthening my body. 


My old health care place in MD (not the birth center we found, the one that was horrible and made me cry after every appointment) is being a huge pain and not releasing my records for some reason, but I am trying to be positive and work through it as best I can. Almost free from them! Yay!!!

SIDE NOTE: found LITERALLY the cutest, most unique, perfect-for-us apartment in Phoenix yesterday. We were seriously going to sign the papers, but then the Realtor says the owner won't allow kitties. BLAST! NO! He was like "I know, I know. I try to convince him that EVERYONE has animals and we haven't been able to rent this place out because he won't budge...but he won't budge." (the reason was that some previous owners had a dog and a neighborhood cat got in the yard and was RIPPED to pieces in front of its owner by the dog, YIKES!) So yeah. We can't move in there. The most perfect place! But we said, shoot, Monte is our best buddy. We moved across the country with him and if he can't go, we can't. (Plus Dot's adorable.) So it's just NOT meant to be!!!***********************


Summer's going great thought. Lots of swimming and still not the insane heat yet!! I just love being with friends and family and most of all Collin Smith. Now i'm going to go eat some eggs. Doc says I need AT LEAST 80-100 grams of protein a day to share with the babe! If I don't, my body will break down my muscle to give the babe protein and I'll get all swollen! 1 cup of cottage cheese has 30 GRAMS! I need to learn to like cottage cheese. PHEW!

************************I know a post sooooo much about the kitties. Collin was even like, Nikki you post so much about the kitties. And I was like, I know, but I don't post for anyone else, just me! But I'm going to try not to much TOO much about em. hehe. Just the perfect amount because I love em. :)




BABE, I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. you are SO CUTE! i love this post. you are SO HAPPY!!!! i like your kitty posts. ;) It makes me realize that you are just so naturally loving and a caretaker. Love it. Sorry about the apartment :( You will find that perfect place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you went with the birthing center. I can tell the way you talk about that you are happiest with it. Drats about the apartment! There seems to be a lot of adorable places there so i'm sure you will find the perfect one.
    I love how much you love kitties!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy about your birthing center! The BEST thing when you have your baby is WHO is there with you. If you have found an awesome midwife/doctor who will let you do whatever the heck you want then you're in BUSINESS. Next babe I have I'm certainly NOT giving birth at a hospital. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitties! I'm not a cat person but man Monte sure has a lot of good stories :) and Dot is toooo cute!
    I am so happy that you found this birthing center. And I wish you would have been pregnant before me so I would have known that there was something better out there! hehe
    Don't worry about the apartment- you'll find another!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The birth center sounds PERFECT for you guys! I'm so happy you found somewhere that you love. That stinks about the apartment. I can't wait until you find one. You will soon find that perfect place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw man that place sounds AWESOME! I want to be a patient there AND work there!

    ReplyDelete