Tuesday, October 02, 2012

My babe is not really a babe anymore

 

 

Us with Danielle, the birthing assistant at Fred's birth! She's training to be a midwife at Midwives Rising. We were there to watch the film, Freedom for Birth. It was very very good. It was a huge shock to me that so many aren't able to give birth the way they want to, the way they feel safe--even in this country! In Europe! I feel so incredibly blessed to have had the experience I did, the way I did. Birth was not uncomfortable or horrible, or terrifying. It was peaceful, beautiful, purposeful, empowering. I did it. I did it. I had the support of my doctor, midwife, birth assistant, my mom, and most importantly my husband (along with many many other family and friends). I had God with me too, and I did it. It's so amazing to feel this way! I want every birthing woman to experience the satisfaction I did, by giving birth in the way that she feels safest, whether it be in the hospital, in a birthing center or at home.



 



 

 

 

Best thing ever....

We've been making delicious stuff from Adventures in Cooking, Cooking Light Magazine, and Mrs Harding Cooks and we've been getting ready for our favorite month (besides March), OCTOBER!!! Halloween! YESSSS. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment