Friday, May 13, 2016

"Prone to leave that God I love."

Those lyrics get me weepy every time I hear them. This morning Collin had this song playing and I heard that line and was struck once again with the sentiment of it: that I am human and am constantly and inevitably messing up, rebelling. God is my father and I got a quick glimpse and reminder of how much he must have meant to me in the pre-earth life. I know I loved him then and I love him now. I have become quite close to him during this pregnancy, learning to rely on him more fully and go to him consistently and out of obedience more instead of only out of fear or needing something. He means so much to me. I love him. I love God, my father. 
Yet I leave him. I rebell. I yell; I forget; I offend; I don't hear or act. Things get in the way. 
It's emotional for me to think about. Probably even more so because if his endless forgiveness and unconditional love and arm outstretched to me.  

1 comment:

  1. Melinda led this song in stake conference (?) recently and it was such a powerful thing to sing! The line that gets me is the one right before it, "Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it" for pretty much the same reasons you shared.

    ReplyDelete