Friday, January 20, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa Money

On our way out of town, we stopped at the Spanish Fork Cemetery to visit my dad's parent's graves and a few other family members. It was a wonderful visit. Pretty snow. 
I've always thought graveyards were peaceful.  



Fred is my Freddie's namesake. We would have liked to get a photo with him in it, but it was SOOOO COLD!



another money. there are many in the spanish fork area.




So my Grandpa (Fred) Money was born a Ludlow and a twin (brother was Ted) and they were the youngest of 12 children. Their mother died giving birth to them and their father was a sheep herder and couldn't take care of them. The Moneys were in the same town, had 5 children--none of which survived. Most were still-born, one lived a few hours, and one lived 4 days. Ludlow went to the Moneys and asked if they would adopt Fred and Ted. They were happy to have two healthy boys and took them as their own.
Albert Edward and Ethel Huntington. Great-Grandma Ethel has my same birthday.


Their grave along with the graves of their 5 children. I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose a child, let alone 5. They must have been incredible and faithful people. 


If you look at the dates and names, you'll notice they first had a still-born son. Two years later they had Beth, who survived only 4 days. They got pregnant again right away and had Albert, who lived only a few hours. They didn't try to have children again until 12 years later, and that baby was still-born. They didn't even want to know the sex. It must have been so painful. 
4 years later, they tried once more: a son, still-born.









 I am truly grateful for my healthy son, Frederick. I realize everyday what a blessing he is. I know God has given me this amazing opportunity to be a mother, and that God knows all and has a plan for all of us. He has a plan for these precious Money babies. I know Albert and Ethel are with them and that they will have the chance to raise them one day.


3 comments:

  1. i love all these pictures. i also love twins named fred and ted. hey--i have a grandma named ethel! awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we took the top to stop at the Spanish Fork Cemetary. Reading gravestones is a story in itself. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops - "took the time". I need to check my spelling....

    ReplyDelete