Friday, January 20, 2012

on the road...to Utah

Last week my mom, Collin, Frederick and I left for a 5 day trip to Utah. My mom's uncle died and so, it was time for another funeral. We packed up and left for the long road trip up north. It took hours longer than usual, having a sweet little babe and all, but we watched lots of movies to make the time pass by. 
The drive was gorgeous. 
I love and miss Flagstaff. 
The red rock in southern Utah is breath taking.
The air is fresh up in the mountains.
Frederick did pretty well considering. But towards the end he was just downright miserable. But, finally, we made it. To Provo. We stayed with cousins, Gussie, Spencer, and 10-month-old Maelo. We all had a great time together and we got to hang out with my brothers, AJ and David, who recently both returned to school at BYU. And, of course, Collin and I got to reminise about the old days and showed Freddie all our old spots....our old apartment, our favorite restaurants, old jobs (and I even stopped in and showed off my handsome baby boy at the restaurant I worked at, La Dolce Vita), and the school. One of the most amazing sights to see in Provo was the brand new temple being built right off Center Street where the old Tabernacle was. It was incredible. I just saw it and gasped at it's beauty. It's all just a wooden frame now.



CLICK BELOW TO SEE MORE PHOTOS
















cousins!!


The 2nd Provo temple



our old place




Walking to church. We are literally at their door. So awesome that it's so close. Collin forgot his glasses; no big deal. I almost  fainted because I was so hungry, no big deal. ha.

IT WAS COLD IN PROVO!!!





with cousin, Dani




cleaning up after a delicious meal. a salad with everything amazing on it.











We ate hummus, veggies, chips, cheese and crackers with grape juice and watched Midnight in Paris. Marion Cotillard is so beautiful. She is my favorite actress. And Owen Wilson did a PERFECT Woody Allen.


This day was 26 degrees. Freddie would grunt and grunt while outside. poor baby!


just go into a baby sleep coma. it's warmer there.





J DAWGS! YUM!






met great friend, Doug, at the Moa












AJ's mission buddy was our server!


Happy birthday party to Spencer!





Back on the road home!!!!!!!


heheheheheh so cute!!








FROZEN!!!!!!!!!!!


I was able to pump and give Freddie a bottle a few times on the trip. It made it easier to go longer without stopping. Poor boy was in his carseat forever. I fear he hates being in the thing forever, now. What a sweet angel good boy.



more photos at the funeral and at my grandparents: Money grave site in Spanish Fork.

2 comments:

  1. Nikki, I love your blog! Glad to see you guys made it home alive. lol I'm already thinking about another trip to AZ! I hope we get there sometime in the near future

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKay that was me sorry i don't know how to work this thing

    ReplyDelete