Thursday, August 11, 2011



two cuddlies. they never ever snuggle each other so in the rare times that they do it seriously melts my heart like butta.

tonight CS and I watched rango and I loved it. now, of course, we kept falling asleep and waking up and rewinding it, but we finally made it through. man, we're old people: work-aholic/baby growers. we get up early, and fall asleep watching a cartoon. The animation was excellent.

my belly is super big and super hard as a rock and I keep getting warm up surges! they don't hurt, but collin reminds me to practice slow-breathing through them for when the real thing comes along. it's just so crazy that I'm going into this whole thing and have NO CLUE what to expect! kind of exciting, no?

AND WHEN is your water supposed to break?!?!?!?

7 comments:

  1. i wouldn't worry about water breaking. for most women that aren't in movies, it doesn't happen until you're in labor. truly, i think it's only about 10% that break before you're in a hospital (or lovely birthing center).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine didn't break until about 5 min before I started pushing, but my labor was progressing great so there was no need to artificially break it. I think I remember them saying if I stalled out they'd break it for me.

    However about the last week you may want to keep some plastic bags in your car just in case you're out running errands and it does break so you can cover your seat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine broke at REI about 2 and half weeks before my due date. It was messy. Plus Clark had pooped inside me, they call it meconium, and that made it even more messy. I was kinda excited though because I hear that most people have their water break or broken for them once they are at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my kitties NEVER snuggle each other either, but occasionally i will catch one licking the other on the head :) cuties
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet!

    and it should be known i used to go to movies just so i could get a nap in. (yes, in the movie theater).

    ReplyDelete
  6. (this is Natalie - not my Dad, Dennis! strange computers!!!)

    So... I haven't had internet for about a week (except on my phone - doesn't cut it for me)... I have a million things to say... just miss you so much! I love all the updates and pictures and you! Just know I'm thinking of you. That baby belly looks fantastic! Your little one is so lucky to be coming to you and Collin! We miss you soooo much! Hugs. Hugs. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Water breaking- rupturing of membranes- can happen anytime!

    My mom didn't want them to break her water- sh she labored for 36 hours (no pain meds, in a birthing center, champ) and I was born IN my bag of waters, they broke it outside of my mom- very rare- they say that's why I got psychic abilities ; ) And I on the other hand- had my membranes rupture on their own before I had even started having contractions at 38 1/2 weeks- AT SCHOOL! Juices. everywhere. eek.

    So- anytime! I think its so very exciting not knowing when or how, can't wait to do it again.

    So happy for ya cuz!

    ReplyDelete